Hey there, here I am again, with the hair care tips and solutions to common issues of the hair. As I had mentioned in one of my previous articles, it’s better to avoid dangerous chemicals which are used to make our shampoos more appealing. Now that we know as to what not to use, let us know what to use? So here are few DIY shampoo and soap recipes for healthy hair.
Dry shampoo powder recipe– if u want to use a shampoo in a powder form, this is for you.
- 2 tbsp of arrow root powder
- 2 tsp of curry leaf powder
- 1 tsp of amla powder and 1 tsp of shikakai powder. Mix these ingredients and can directly be used on the scalp and washed with plain water. The recipe can be modified according to the hair type, weather and also availability of the drugs. Any additional herbs like bringaraj powder also can be used for better results and hair growth. If none of the ingredients are available we can use plain shikakai powder itselc which acts as a good cleanser.
Wet shampoo recipe- This is a liquid form of shampoo. The ingredients needed are –
- 1 tbsp of soapnut powder
- 1 handful of either essential oils of your choice ( if dry hair) or any herbs which promotes hair growth.
- Water – quantity sufficient to boil
Boil these ingredients in water, strain it and can be stored in a bottle, can be used as a regular shampoo. Only hinderence being, this recipe won’t last for too many days if not stored in a refrigerator.
These are just a few examples of the rich scope we have to go natural, to avoid dangerous chemicals, to have a healthy hair. Nevertheless, ayurveda has always encouraged scope for improvment and innovations. Hence can be modified as per our requirements.
This also can be best bet to be sustainable towards our environment, as, we don’t contribute unnecessary plastic containers and sachets reaching our landfills, as no packing would be required .
Please reach me out for more queries.